Calculate Linux 13 released
Released on December 28, 2012
We are proud to announce the final release of Calculate Linux 13!
As ever, you are welcome to choose between Calculate Linux Desktop featuring either KDE (CLD), GNOME (CLDG) or XFCE (CLDX), Calculate Directory Server (CDS) for server solutions, Calculate Media Center (CMC) should you need any and, last but not least, scratch versions for those preferring minimal installations: Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS) and Calculate Scratch Server (CSS).
Main Changes and Fixes¶
- Meta-packages are no longer used to manage default dependencies.
- Portage files will be unpacked when booting for the first time.
- Better identification of
- Fixed the user profile configuration for VMware.
- Composite enabled by default for VMware.
- Should you want to replace main applications, their launch icons will be created correctly.
- In case the user modified the local Portage/overlay repositories, those can now be restored.
- Calculate Utilities were updated to 3.1.
- Full French translation now available.
- New features added for Calculate Console:
- joining host to a Calculate Directory Server domain;
- configuring user sessions;
- changing user passwords;
- viewing and editing variables' values for Calculate Utilities;
- world update.
- New configuration events added:
- Portage update;
- package removal.
- Meet a new tool,
calculate-update: for the time being, it only handles the
worldfile, but will be able to do much more soon.
- More functionality for configuration templates.
- Calculate Linux Desktop KDE:
- KDE was updated to 4.9.4.
- Calculate Linux Desktop GNOME:
- GNOME was updated to 3.4;
- AxeMenu replaced the standard menu;
- the Parcellite clipboard will be used from now on.
- Calculate Linux Desktop XFCE:
- a modified Adwaita theme is now used as the default one;
- Elementary comes as the default icon theme;
- the Geany IDE was added;
- the Shotwell photo manager was added;
- Catfish was integrated to the file manager for more efficient search;
- we switched to SMplayer as the default video player;
- Claws-Mail now comes with the Address Keeper plugin for address auto-completion.
- All dictionary packages were removed, for a slimmer distribution.
- Each CL edition is now featuring its own appearance theme.
- Calculate Directory Server:
- now able to run Jabber services with StartTLS;
- SMTP authentication added.
Kernel and Software¶
- CDS (Directory Server):
- Bind 9.9.2, Kernel 3.6.7, OpenLDAP 2.4.30, Postfix 2.9.4, ProFTPD 1.3.4a, Samba 3.6.9
- i686 - 637 M, x86_64 - 661 M
- CLD (KDE desktop):
- KDE 4.9.4, Amarok 2.6.0, digiKam 2.9.0, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
- i686 - 1.97 G, x86_64 - 2.18 G
- CLDG (GNOME desktop):
- Gnome 3.4, Gimp 2.8.2, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
- i686 - 1.51 G, x86_64 - 1.72 G
- CLDX (XFCE desktop):
- XFCE 4.10, Gimp 2.8.2, Chromium 23.0.1271.97, Kernel 3.6.7, LibreOffice 126.96.36.199
- i686 - 1.40 G, x86_64 - 1.60 G
- CMC (Media Center):
- XBMC 11.0, Kernel 3.6.7, Xorg-server 1.13.0
- i686 - 933 M, x86_64 - 1.09 G
- CLS (Linux Scratch):
- Openbox 3.5.0, Kernel 3.6.7, Xorg-server 1.13.0
- i686 - 648 M, x86_64 - 669 M
- CSS (Scratch Server):
- Kernel 3.6.7
- i686 - 370 M, x86_64 - 386 M
- Visit our Download page:
- Read our System Update guide: